15 Awesome Uses for Baking Soda…great ideas from cleaning to sunburns to keeping flowers fresh. Easy instructions to help keep your home organized!
The Wonders of Baking Soda
I love baking soda. I used to think it was only good for making cookies, but oh was I wrong! It can be used for SO many things. It can help take away smelly odors, is wonderful for cleaning, and even feels great in a bath! And there are so many more uses for baking soda! This simple kitchen staple has got a lot to offer. So keep that baking soda easily accessible because you will want to pull it out for regular use.
Below I have included 15 ideas for how you can use your baking soda. These tips will get your house organized and clean in no time! Many items on this list may surprise you and I am sure that you may have your own uses. If so, I’d love to hear about them in the comments. Enjoy!
15 Uses for Baking Soda
- CLEAN BRUSHES – Soak hair brushes and combs in a mixture of 1 teaspoon baking soda and a small amount of warm water. It will help remove natural build-up. Rinse and dry.
- CLEAN TOYS -Fill a sink up with warm water and add 1/8 cup of baking soda. Wash and rinse off toys.
- BATH SOAK– Add 1/2 cup of Baking soda to your bath for a relaxing and refreshing soak.
- SUNBURN PAIN– Saturate a washcloth with a solution of 4 TB of Baking Soda in 1 quart of water. Apply to affected area.
- SEPTIC CARE– Add 1 cup of Baking Soda in your drains to keep your septic system flowing freely.
- LAUNDRY BOOSTER – Add 1/2 cup of Baking soda to your laundry to make liquid detergent work harder for you. A better balance of pH in the wash will get the clothes cleaner, fresher and brighter!
- CLEAN FURNITURE– Add a little bit of Baking Soda to a damp sponge and lightly rub onto furniture. This will remove marks (even crayon!)
- CARPET ODOR– Sprinkle Baking Soda directly on carpets and wait 15 minutes before vacuuming. This will help freshen your carpets and remove any odors.
- FRIDGE– Keep your fridge smelling good by keeping a box of baking soda in there.
- VEGGIE SCRUB– Sprinkle a little Baking Soda onto your produce, scrub and rinse. This is a safe way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables.
- SILVER POLISH– Make a paste with 3 parts Baking Soda and 1 part water. Rub onto silver with a clean cloth and rinse thoroughly and dry.
- CLEAN PANS– Simmer water and baking soda in a pan to remove burned food from a pan.
- DISHWASHER- Clean the dishwasher by running an empty cycle with Baking Soda.
- KEEP FLOWERS FRESH– Add 1 tsp of Baking Soda to the water to keep your flowers alive longer.
- GET RID OF ANTS – Mix one part baking soda and one part salt and sprinkle where there are ants.
Find even more uses in this awesome book “Household uses for Baking Soda.”