Hello friends! Happy Tuesday! As a part of the Lowe’s creative team, we are challenged each month to create something new. This month’s challenge was to create something fun for summer. I decided to make homemade sidewalk chalk with my kids. They absolutely loved it. They thought it was so fun to pick their colors and shapes.
This is definitely a great project to keep the kids busy this summer. Yay for summer!
Homemade sidewalk chalk
What you need:
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup plaster of paris
- 2-3 TB washable tempera paint
- Candy molds/ice cube trays (found mine at ikea)
- Disposable bowls
- Plastic spoons
- Paper towels or newspaper
- Combine warm water and plaster of paris in a small bowl. Stir with spoon until clumps are removed.
- Add paint and stir until combined.
- Once the chalk starts to get thick (like buttercream frosting) pour mixture into molds.
- Wipe around the edges of the mold with a damp paper towel to remove any excess paint.
- Allow chalk to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
- Take your chalk outside and let your kids go wild!
Place the flower chalk in a mini pot and it makes a great gift!
The great thing about homemade sidewalk chalk is that it only takes 3 ingredients to make. If you’ve made my chalk paint before, you’ll already have most of the ingredients on hand. Score!
Click HERE for more craft ideas.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day!