We are the sisters from the blog Eighteen 25. We are very excited to have been asked to participate in the Crazy Christmas Crafters event here at I heart nap time!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 styrofoam trees: sizes 15×5, 12×4, and 9×4
- 3 small candlesticks (you can find these at just about any thrift store for about 50 cents)
- Spray adhesive
- Elmer’s glue for the glitter
- E6000 to glue the tree to the candlestick
- Glitter in your favorite 3 colors (we found these awesome colors of glitter at hobby lobby)
- White spray paint
How to Make
- Give your tree a good coating of the spray adhesive. You can use the Elmers glue for this part, but the spray adhesive covers better and gives a nice smooth finish, plus it’s a lot faster. Leave the bottom of the tree undone, this will get glittered at the end.
- Once you have your tree coated in glue, cover it completely with glitter (best to pour over a cookie sheet). When all 3 trees have been glitterized set them aside to dry.
- Next take your 3 candlesticks and give them a couple quick coats of white spray paint. then let those dry completely.
- Now take your E6000 and glue the candlesticks to the trees. It’s best to let them sit overnight. (keep an eye on it though).
- When everything is completely dry, flip them over and cover the remaining part with glue and glitter (we used the elmers glue for this part).