Coffee filter snowflakes…a creative twist on a classic tradition!
A Classic Tradition
Making snowflakes out of paper has always been one of my favorite holiday activities! I love how I can make so many different shapes with just a simple cut. The best part of homemade snowflakes is definitely opening up the folds to see what you have made! It truly is a magical moment.
Normally snowflakes are made with plain old paper and a pair of scissors. Below you’ll find a fun twist on the traditional snowflake by using coffee filters instead of paper. Coffee filters are more transulent than regular paper, allowing the snowflakes to transfer light easier, giving them a softer and dreamier appearance. They are also affordable! You can find all of the supplies that you need at the Dollar Store.
- Coffee Filters (find them at the Dollar Store)
How to fold
- Fold your coffee filter in half
- Fold it in half again.
- Fold it in half one more time
- Cut out shapes on the outer edge.
- Optional: Dip snowflakes in color dye or add glitter for a magical effect!
Enjoy your beautiful coffee filter snowflakes!