These alphabet activities are easy to put together and will help preschoolers recognize their letters and letter sounds. My son loved doing these activities with me and I can’t wait to do them again.
Alphabet puzzle hunt
- Alphabet letter puzzle
- Place alphabet letters in a tray and cover with rice. Search for the letters and match to the alphabet puzzle.
*Inspired by Busy Toddler
Dot sticker alphabet match
- Toilet paper tube
- Colored dot stickers
- Write the alphabet letters on the toilet paper tube and on the colored dot stickers with a sharpie. Match the dot stickers to the toilet paper tube.
*For another activity, you can cover the toilet paper tube in packing tape to make a binocular. Call out letters and have your child look around the room for things that start with that letter.
- White crayon
- Cardstock paper
- Water color paints
- Write the letters of the alphabet with white
crayon on a piece of cardstock paper. Have your child
find the letters with water color paints.
Stack the letters
- Toilet paper roll
- Green popsicle sticks
- Alphabet letters
- Build a tree with the popsicle sticks on top of the toilet paper roll. See how many letters you can stack on top of the tree.
*Inspired by Raising Dragons and the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
This is a fun snack to end with. They can use the letters to write out their name and practice the sounds while enjoying each letter.
- 1 (3oz) package of Jello
- 3/4 cup of boiling water
- Cooking spray
- Alphabet mold
- Stir Jello mix into boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Lightly spray alphabet mold with cooking spray and pour jello mixture into the mold. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Dip bottom of pan in warm water for 15 seconds to loosen the gelatin and pop out of the mold.
I hope you enjoyed these alphabet preschool activities. Let me know if you try one!